Retconning: Wird dadurch etwas besser? Does it ever improve anything?

Fast alle Eigennamen in diesem Bereich sind markenrechtlich geschützt, auf weitere Hinweise darauf wird verzichtet.

Moderator: ThePurplePantywaist

dejost
Administrator

Retconning: Wird dadurch etwas besser? Does it ever improve anything?

Post by dejost »

Zugegeben, Retconning - also das nachträgliche Ändern von schon etablierten Handlungssträngen/Elementen durch spätere Episoden, Folgen, Kapitel, Serien odgl - ist nicht auf Comics beschränkt.

Star Trek (Why I hated Star Trek - 8ung Spoiler) hat es bei Filmen erst kürzlich vorgemacht, Asimov hat es bei Büchern schon in den 1980ern gemacht usw.

Vielleicht liegt es an mir, aber Geschichten werden irgendwie nie besser durch Retconning.

Ergo dessen die Aufforderung an die Welt:
Ist durch Retconning je irgendwas besser geworden?

:usuk
In this topic we discuss massive cases of retconning.
And we discuss, whether retconning ever improves the stories and franchises we like.

Of course, there will be a lot of #Spoilers!
So, Spoiler Warning!!!
You have been warned.

dejost
Administrator

Post by dejost »

Ein Beispiel ist mir dank Andrew eingefallen, wo es besser wurde:

Spidey- 1990er- Spoiler voraus, nur als Warnung!

Nämlich, Spidey selbst wurde geretconned, dahingehend, dass Peter Parker nicht Peter Parker ist, sondern nur Peter Parkers Klon.
Dieses Retconning wurde dann "re-retconned", so dass Peter Parker wieder das Original ist, und der (zwischenzeitig verstorbene) Ben Reilly der Klon.

Hier wurde wieder die ursprüngliche Story wiederhergestellt, es wurde also besser oder genauer gesagt wieder gut.

Ein anderes Beispiel ist natürlich Back to the Future, da wird auch alles besser. Allerdings ist das ja kein Retconning, das ist das zentrale Thema der Filme.

ThePurplePantywaist
Die freundliche Hüfthose aus der Nachbarschaft

Re: Ist durch Retconning je irgendwas besser geworden?

Post by ThePurplePantywaist »

I found some interesting idea for the next massive Batman-Overhaul:

http://www.tickld.com/x/jaw/this-guy-ju ... mind-blown

#theretconning

ThePurplePantywaist
Die freundliche Hüfthose aus der Nachbarschaft

Jar Jar Binks, the Sith

Post by ThePurplePantywaist »

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comme ... orce_user/
Is Jar Jar Binks really a trained force user and sith lord?
Lumpawarroo on Reddit makes a compelling argument.

If you want to watch parts 1 - 3 (or 1-6, for the first time or again) before The Force Awakens, you really should read it!

I will make a very short summary, but as I've said: Read the whole thing! He proves it with movie scenes.

First L. shows with many scenes, that JarJar shows extraordinary stuntwork or physical feats, which are only associated with force users.
Most convincing for me is, that he goes into battle several times and although he seems like a complete idiot, he always manages to dodge laser beams, defeats his opponents, and sometimes is even aware if they apporach from the back. Now, we alle know, "there is no such thing as luck" in the Star Wars universe!
And then he convinces the whole galaxy to abandon democracy - would be probably easier if he could use Jedi Mindtrick.
Even later, he still hangs out with Palpatine, after he has played his part in the conspiracy. What could that mean?

Further arguments are, that the first trilogy was supposed to mirror the middle trilogy, as G. Lucas said himself. Yoda was a character, who at first was an oddball, but turned out to be much more. Such a character is clearly missing from the first trilogy - unless Lumpawarroo is right.

L. supposes, the negative backlash on Jar Jar made Lucas change his plans and replace him with Count Dooku, a pretty generic villain.
In the discussion below users show various plotholes which further makes the late addition of Dooku probable.
Lumpawarroo wrote:Palpatine was never a "Phantom" from the audience's perspective. We all knew who the eventual Emperor was- they didn't even really bother to mask his hologram face.

Jar Jar was the intended villain that was to be "unmasked" and shock everyone, the requisite middle chapter "I am your father" calibre reveal moment.
Sadly, it didn't come to fruition.

Johntnsa9
Schon mehr als 1 Post

10 Nov 2015 01 56

Post by Johntnsa9 »

I lold.
A lot.
Last edited by dejost on 08 Mar 2016, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam post. Did delete a part of it, so it can remain.